Saturday, March 12, 2011

So far this season, and looking foreward.

The season if you look at it results wise has been pretty subpar. A few weeks ago, I went with the mesa cycles/gateway harley u25 team down to texas to do some lactic threshold testing with Kevin Livingston. We did the same test last year, so the results would have a lot more meaning; from comparing this years to last.

The test itself consists of starting out at a low power wattage, 140 or so. Then every 3 minutes the wattage is upped by 20 watts, and blood is drawn to see how much lactic acid it contains. It ends when the lactic acid in your legs begins to spike.

My test last year was pretty sub par, my threshold last year was 270 watts at 77 kilos. This years was much better, I got my weight down to 71 kilos, and my threshold was about 310 watts.  So, basically for those who don't really understand the whole watts per kilo idea, in lamens terms it means a lighter car with more horse power. I have been doing some 20 minutes intervals with an average of 350 watts, so my threshold form is definitely coming around.

After another 2 week of phenominal training, I headed with my collegiate team lindenwood university to columbia kentucky for our start off race of the year. Last year I won the first two races back to back, so I was pretty confident would do well. My best result of the weekend came on sunday with a 5th in the crit.

Disappointment is an understatement, our team got dominated by marian cycling (the national team champs from last year). Today we have a 70 mile road race in columbia kentucky, I'll do a write up on that and last weekends racing at ohio state.

No comments:

Post a Comment