Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ohio State/Missouri University

There isn't a whole lot to say about the ohio state race weekend. It was rainy with tempatures in the 40s. I got sick early the week, so I hadn't actually touched since tuesday. The race was pretty typical of races I've done so far this year, I felt super flat and empty inside the first lap, I settled into a second chase group of 8 riders and just rode tempo with them for the 2nd lap.

On the 3rd and final lap things got interisting we caught a few riders including my teammate nicko. This gave us even numbers against marian 2 vs 2, we immediately took the offense on them even though it wasn't for the win. Nick and I took turn launching attacks forcing them to chase. Even though it wasn't for the win it was fun to throw some punches, and get nicko up the road to secure some extra nationals qualifying points.

The crit on sunday got cancelled due to a freak snowstorm, I was pretty bummed about that. In 3 weekends of racing there has only been one crit. It has become my speciality over the past few years, and I am training hard for another medal at nationals in that event.

Today was a really cool course, pretty rolling with a good steep climb towards the end of the lap; we did 2 laps of 35 miles. I threw some punches early, and followed some moves by marian. Some of the better moves of the day was, one with myself and adam leibo, then it was 3 marian guys and myself. Probably my favorite was we got a group of 8 or 9 with 5 marian guys in it, and what do they do? Have all there guys sitting on the back of the group not doing anything. I like most of the guys on their team, but it is really frustrating sometimes to race against. I missed the real move up the big climb (I don't think my watts went below 500 up the whole climb), I got in a second group of 5 guys. I think there was 8 guys up the road, so best case scenerio I could get 9th.

Nope, not going to happen. I race to win, and if I can't i'll save it till tomorrow, which there is an ITT followed by a TTT. I am really hoping to have good legs, and can replicate the power I have been putting out in training.

"Great race today. Although the conditions were, dare I say horrible and miserable, I am just happy the Lord has blessed me with the ability to race my bicycle!" This is a quote from my teammate Dan Williams after the race last weekend, it really puts things into perspective after a tough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment