Sunday, March 20, 2011

Forest Park crit

After some depressing forecasts for sunday, it was pretty awesome to wake up to 70 degrees and sunshine. The forest park crit is a very cool venue, I have many fond memories of it after winning this race 3 years ago.

Our game plan was to have some of the other riders on the team cover the early moves, and leave me watching for the right combination of riders in a break then jump across to it. Well, plans seldom go according to plan, the winning break of 3 countered an attack I made.

Later, I rode off with a group of 3, and we team time trailed it for the last 40 minutes. On the last lap the nuvo rider in our break launched an attack, and ripped it for half a lap. I was in his draft right away, he gapped austin allison, and tim norris by a few meters. Which gave me the perfect oppurtunity to counter attack when he sat up, and get away solo for 4th. Tim Norris my teammate for collegiate got 5th, so there is definitely some good vibes leading into the last few weekends of the collegite season.

Looking forward, spring break starts on friday. I'm going to be headed to georgia with the Gateway Harley/mesa cycles race team for some racing, and a big week of training on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment